1. CONSIDERATE …never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure of others.
2. LOYAL …offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateur, local clubs, and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.
3. PROGRESSIVE …with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient station and operation above reproach.
4. FRIENDLY …slow and patient operating when requested, friendly advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
5. BALANCED …radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family, job, school, or community.
6. PATRIOTIC …station and skill always ready for service to country and community.